Runny nose, first spritz of Shalimar, thick black stockings, soups for lunch, lazy afternoons. Yep, it's beginning to look a lot like Autumn. It is also the perfect time to make a new Wishlist of some items perfect for this beautiful and moody Month (I swear it has nothing to do with the fact that my birthday is just a few days away, ahem).
1. By Kilian Amber Oud
After finishing two rather generous samples of the Amber Oud and still sighing at its beauty everytime I apply it, I think it's finally time for a full bottle (or rather the beautifully ornate travel and purse friendly refillable spray).
2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
After the initial hype about these powders I still see favourable reviews on blogs and online forums so I guess it must be good. The colour in Diffused Light had me at "conceals redness and gives skin clarity". Sold!
3. Monica Vinader Siren Stacking ring
I've been looking at the Monica Vinader website way too often lately. I really like the simplicity of her jewellery and the possibility of endless combinations and I'm actually finding it hard to decide which colour/stone I would go for. I think that the combination of yellow gold with the lapis stone is my (current) favourite - and as a side note, a little bit of googling revealed that Lapis is actually one of the birthstones of Libras.
4. Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleons in Amber Haze and Bronzed Garnet
This new beauty brand on the block was at least for me a highly anticipated new launch. After the initial excitement, these Colour Chameleon pencils look like clear winners from the range and I think Amber Haze and Bronzed Garnet are the obvious first choice for my "are they hazel, are they brown" eye colour. Oh, and some good news for us non-UK folks: Selfridges who sotck the Charlotte Tilbury range now ship internationally!
5. George R. R. Martin Song of Ice and Fire book set
First I started watching the Game of Thrones series and now I'm going through the first book of the set, to help me pass the time until Season 4 starts. I like the book so far and it makes me appreciate how well done the series are even more.6. Chanel Le Blush Creme de Chanel in Presage
I haven't had a proper look at these new-ish Chanel cream blushes yet but I think I'd like the cream-to-powder consistency. I'm especially interested in the bright coral Presage.
7. Neom Organics Scent with Love Gift Set
Autumn is the perfect time to scent the home with the help of some candles. I don't have much experience with scented candles but I think this Neom Organics set would be a good place to start. Another highly tempting option is the Diptyque Exclusive Collection, a set of 10 mini 35g candles with a beautiful mix of floral, spicy and woody scents.
8. Lastly, for some accessories: now, most of my bags are black so I think I can safely justify a burgundy/maroon coloured bag for Autumn, right? The bag in the above Polyvore set is oh, I don't know, about 10.000€ above my budget, but I think I can find something similar which won't force me to sell my kidney. And to go with a bag a scarf like the Liberty print one above with a mish mash of bright and subdued colours would be perfect.
I'll keep you updated whether/when I'll get my hands on any of the above beauties. Tell me, what's on your wishlist at the moment?