Say hello to my first Mineralize Skinfinish in the shade Redhead! Now MAC is not available here in Slovenia (Shock, horror!) but I do have a few products from MAC which I either got on my travels or as gifts. I remember when I first started reading beauty blogs and Makeup Alley, how interested I was in MAC, I knew all the info on their newest collections and was putting together the not-gonna-happen wishlists. About 3 years ago which seems like decades in MAC terms, there was a lot of talk online about their new Brunette, Blonde, Redhead collection, especially about the of course limited edition Mineralize Skinfinishes. The Blonde and Redhead MSFs were now repromoted with MAC's Naturally Collection and lucky me, I was the winner of the giveaway held by the truly wonderful and lovely Jessica of Getting Cheeky blog so Redhead is now the newest cheeky addition to my makeup shelf.
Mineralize Skinfinish in Redhead consists of four different coloured stripes, ranging from gold to warm pink/salmon. All the colours are shimmery and very smooth and pigmented. I remember I've previously read some reviews describing the MSFs as being glittery and chalky, but luckily the texture of this one is very nice and for my skintone the lighter shade works well as a highlighter and I can use all the stripes mixed together as a blush.
In these photos I've used the following products:
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Santa Fe
- Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder in Beige Clair (53)
- Max Factor Eye Khol in Natural Gaze on the waterline
- Essence Longlasting Eye Pencil in Hot Chocolate on the upper and lower lashline (love, probably the nicest dark non-shimmery brown eyeliner I've ever tried)
- the lighter shade of the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Brunette in the crease
- Maybelline Falsies mascara (another love)
- Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Pink in the Afternoon (also known as Audrey's lipstick)
and of course MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Redhead on my cheeks.
I really love the colour of Redhead and even though it is quite shimmery I like the sheen that it gives my skin and I think it would look amazing in the summer paired with a bright coral lipstick (and hopefully better looking skin, damn you, below zero temperatures and central heating!).
|Ingredients of the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Redhead|