This month I have still used the products that I mentioned in my January favourites on an almost everyday basis. There were however, a few new products that joined my daily lineup.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel: I first started using this moisturizer years ago and then I just stopped using it as I wanted to try something better. No, I haven't found anything better and yes, I can be an idiot. Well, I can say that as far as giving moisture to the skin without addtional break-outs or irritation, this gel works amazingly well for me, it instantly soothes and hydrates my skin. I use it mainly on my t-zone and I do not use a special "moisturizer" on top of it (I know that the Clinique people would probably scream in horror if they read this because according to them this is not a moisturizer. "Whatever", says I).
- Sophyto Omega Daily Moisturizer: this was previously called Mega Omegas moisturizer but has been recently renamed and re-packaged. It's a great natural moisturizer for normal to dry skin, without the unnecessary essential oils. I use it mainly on my cheeks.
- Nars Deep Throat blush: This is a blush that I mostly reach for when I'm already late for work and don't really have the time or the will to think about what makeup I will use (this has become a very common scenario lately). Deep Throat is a peachy blush with golden shimmer, a less obvious and glittery version of the Nars Orgasm. I'm sure that almost every makeup brand out there has a colour similar to this one and although it's not the most interesting colour, it is the one that is simple to use and goes almost with every type of makeup.
- Bourjois Smoky Effect in 71 Smoked Brown: a gorgeous shimmery dark brown eyeliner with a slight plummy undertone. It is one of the softest eyeliners I've ever used, easy to smudge (although not with the brush at the end which I find useless) and lasts well.
- Essence blush brush: this is such a great little brush for a great little price (around 2.5€). I think that some blush brushes are too big, the Essence brush is the perfect size and very soft. One of the best buys ever!
- Malin+ Goetz Lip moisturizer: I got this lip balm after reading many great reviews and mentions about it (including on some of my favourite blogs, Visionary Beauty and Lipstick Luvvies). It's a clear fragrance-free gel and what I love about it is that I don't feel the need to reapply it as often as I did with most of the balms that I've tried. I'm thinking of trying the Mojito version next ;)
And lastly, a special award goes to (I'm under the Oscar influence, can you tell?) Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Solution - I've used up a full bottle and will get a new one this week. In my opinion, a great sensitive and efficient makeup remover that doesn't leave an oily residue. You can ready my review comparing the Bioderma to an Avene Micellar Solution here.
I try to write a short post and fail miserably, as always. Have you found any new little gems lately?