I always love reading other bloggers' monthly favourites posts so I decided that this month I would start writing about my favourite products of the month. They might not be the most exciting products out there but I have been reaching for them very frequently.
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin: I first tried this foundation years ago when it came out and then I stopped using it because I was tempted to try other foundations. After a very disappointing experience with the Laura Mercier Oil-free foundation I decided to go back to the Revlon Colorstay and now I feel silly for not using it all these years. It's a medium coverage foundation that doesn't look cakey at all. I apply it with the Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top brush (another favourite that I picked up last year in a SpaceNK sale) and it covers some minor imperfections really well but doesn't look like I'm wearing a heavy foundation. I guess sometimes sticking with old favourites is not a bad idea at all (yes, I know, I'm being all smarty pants right now, in my Feburary favourites you'll probably »hear« me talk about a new favourite, ah!)
- Clinique High Impact mascara: another old favourite of mine that I have repurchased over and over again. I do try other mascaras but always return to this one. It's not one of those false-eyelashes mascaras that in reality can often look like spider-eyelashes mascaras, instead it just gives your lashes some length, volume and curl and looks very natural. One other thing that I love about it is that it doesn't smudge on me after a long day so no panda eyes here.
- Becca Eye Tint in Baroque: I've talked about this cream/liquid eyeshadow before and I have been using it a lot this past month by itself or as a base for other eyeshadows. It's very subtle, easy to apply and long-lasting so a definite winner in my books.
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder Pink: I've read such great reviews of the Pot Rogues so last year when I was in London I picked up this beautiful muted warm rosy colour. It works really well with my colouring and creates a soft, natural finish.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge lipstick in Whim of Mine: a gorgeous neutral rosy-brown shade (actually now I see that it's very similar to the Pot Rouge above). The consistency is wonderful and considering it's such a creamy formula it lasts very long on my lips. The easisest way to describe it would be saying that it just looks very elegant and »polished«.
That's it for the makeup, as I said just some basic products that I have loved in January. When it comes to skincare there have been only 2 products that I have really been liking this month (sorry, I forgot to take photos):
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Cleansing Gel:
I bought this product completely by accident I just needed a new cleansing gel, picked this one on the shelf of a pharmacy and I guess I got lucky with Nuxe this time. It's a very gentle cleansing gel that doesn't irritate my skin or make it oilier than it already is. Yes, it's simple but it works.
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant: I've had this big bottle for ages – it is the most gentle exfoliator I have ever tried and I've used it very often lately because my skin just gets very dry in this cold weather.
So goodbye January, you were actually nice for a change!